Welcome to the Frontpage
The Salof Companies
The Salof Companies are comprised of four independent companies: Kryopak Inc., Salof Refrigeration Co., Inc., River City Industrial Refrigeration, Inc., and Acid Recovery Systems Inc. All four companies specialize in the refrigeration and cryogenic fields. The Salof Companies operate under a single management structure sharing common resources, philosophies, and personnel.
Salof is a world leader in cryogenic plant design and fabrication with a proven track record of supplying fully integrated modularized plants that exceed customer requirements and meet all required local, federal, and international codes. Salof has delivered several LNG plants and installed over 100 CO2 Liquefaction Facilities worldwide since 1977.
Salof is located on nine acres in New Braunfels, Texas, just a few minutes outside of San Antonio. The location is owned by Salof and includes offices and 300,000 square feet of enclosed manufacturing space. The remaining area is used for outdoor construction and plant assembly when required.
The Salof Philosophy
Our philosophy is to be on the leading edge of technology with regards to our plant design, manufacturing, and management techniques.
- We start our process design with the industry standard Aspentech Hysys® modelling software. Our process design team runs multiple iterations to insure our design meets the project requirements under a full range of practical scenarios, including off-design cases and turn down.
- “Smart P&ID’s” are our standard. Smart P&ID’s move beyond conventional P&ID’s by integrating the attributes of all specially tagged items into a project database. Bentley Systems Autoplant P&ID® allows the originator to pass this attribute data to the client after the project is completed for use and integration by process safety and asset management systems.
- Salof incorporates full 3D modelling. Our designers model all components of the plant to provide our clients with a comprehensive pre-manufactured view of their plant. 3D modelling allows virtual walk- throughs during the design phase enabling integration of maintenance and safety considerations into the design.
- Salof customizes PLC/OI and DCS solutions to clients needs with our in-house programming team. Salof provides FREE technical support via remote internet connection with customized security protocol as required by client.
- Salof provides in-house personnel for commissioning, start up, and operator training.
- Salof can provide customized documentation integrating current client systems and operating procedures.
- Salof’s sister company, River City Industrial Refrigeration Company, Inc. (RCIR), provides warranty, parts, and onsite technical service.
Salof has the expertise and experience, combined with capability and capacity, to undertake and deliver this project successfully. Our current client list includes all of the major industrial gas suppliers and can attest to our value added approach. Thirty-three years in the industry gives Salof a proven track record of “Meeting Customer Requirements with Superior Solutions”.